Barbara L. Nason has been practicing family law in Massachusetts for over 25 years. Barbara formerly owned Nason Divorce Solutions, LLC, a well-known mediation and dispute resolution practice. Barbara has extensive experience with high net worth individuals and complex asset division and valuation cases. Barbara has developed the knowledge, compassion and skill to help people reach confidential and cost-effective resolutions to their personal family conflicts outside of court.
Barbara has found that Mediation, Collaborative Law, and other out of court dispute resolution alternatives can produce better results for her clients. She’s also discovered, after representing clients with a wide variety of backgrounds, that Mediation and Collaborative Law can be better suited for people who have different or unique needs.
Barbara L. Nason takes approaches that encourage the parties to be respectful to one another, thereby creating a positive future cycle for the family.
Divorce is often one of the most stressful events in a person’s life. Important decisions need to be made — decisions that not only impact a family’s financial future, but the future of children. These are unfamiliar and challenging times for clients. During this period, Barbara calls on her experience and strengths as a compassionate professional to assist her clients and mediating parties to resolve family conflicts in a manner that avoids costly litigation.
Barbara was formerly the owner of Nason Divorce Solutions, LLC a well-known mediation and dispute resolution practice.
- J.D. New England Law, Boston, 1993
- B.A. Legal Studies, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1990
Honors / Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2019-2020)
- Past President of the Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council (2016)
- Past President of the Plymouth County Bar Association (2009)
- Appointed by the Probate & Family Courts as Mediator and Conciliator to resolve ongoing disputes
- Regularly serves as Special Master on complex financial cases
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council (Past President, 2016)
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Norfolk County Collaborative Practice Group
- Plymouth County Bar Association (Past President, 2009)