Catherine Spanu focuses her practice on family law matters, including divorce, alimony, child support, child custody, removal, post-divorce modification, complaints to establish maternity and paternity, and drafting premarital agreements. She is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and Ontario, Canada.
Catherine is a graduate of the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Law (2013), where she received the Norman Levy Prize. She holds a Master of Music in Opera Performance from the University of Toronto and a Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance from Boston University.
Catherine was selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2018, a distinction awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys in Massachusetts
Prior to joining Brick, Jones, McBrien & Hickey LLP, Catherine served as a judicial law clerk to the justices of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court.
During this time, she worked on a wide variety of domestic relations, probate, and equity matters in the Essex, Middlesex, Plymouth, and Worcester divisions.
- Juris Doctor, University of Toronto, 2013
- Master of Music in Opera Performance, University of Toronto, 2009
- Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance, summa cum laude, Boston University, 2005
Honors / Awards
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2018
- Norman Levy Prize, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2013
- Boston Bar Association
- Middlesex Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association