GINA CALABRO has extensive experience in all areas of family law including divorce, complex asset valuation and division, alimony, child-related matters, including child support, child custody and removal, post-divorce modification, enforcement of alimony, child support and other judgments, complaints to establish maternity / paternity, negotiating and drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and case consultation / evaluation.
Gina also has experience drafting appellate briefs and arguing before the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
She routinely handles matters involving complex asset valuation and division, equity compensation, forensic accounting, sophisticated tax issues, and business valuation, frequently working with experts in these fields.
Gina is also a trained mediator and serves as a neutral both mediating and conciliating family law matters. Gina donates her time through the Attorneys Representing Children (ARC) program in the Norfolk Probate and Family Court.
Gina was formerly an associate at Ginsburg Leshin Gibbs & Jones, LLP, Wellesley, where she practiced family law from 2011-2016. Previously, she was an associate with Foley & Lardner LLP, Boston, becoming a member of the Family Law Practices group in 2005. Prior to joining Foley & Lardner LLP, she was a law clerk for the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court in Bristol, Norfolk and Middlesex counties, assisting the justices in divorce, contempt, modification, probate, trust, guardianship and equity matters.
Gina is a 2004 graduate of Harvard Law School where she served for two years as a student attorney for the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau and represented clients in family law matters in the Probate and Family Courts. In 2003, she received the Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers’ Sheila McGovern Award. Gina holds a B.A. in psychology from Brandeis University (magna cum laude, 2001). Gina has been selected by her peers for inclusion in Boston Magazine Super Lawyers (2015-2018) and, previously, the New England Rising Stars ® (2009 – 2014) for her work in family law.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2004
- Brandeis University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001
- Boston Bar Association, Parenting Coordination Developments, 2021
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- Boston Bar Association, Divorce Fundamentals (2020) custody and parenting plans
- MCLE Family Law Forensics (2018)
- MCLE Annual Family Law Conference, College Costs Panel (2018)
- Boston Bar Association, Divorce Law Fundamentals – Section 34 (2018, 2019, 2021)
- MCLE Family Law Financial Forum (2016)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Insurance Issues in Divorce Cases (2015)
- Harvard Law School, Harvard Legal Aid Bureau – Guest Lecturer (2013)
Honors / Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2015-2021)
- Massachusetts Rising Stars (2009-2014)
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers Sheila McGovern Award (2003)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Attorneys Representing Children (ARC) Program – Norfolk Probate and Family Court
- Boston Bar Association, Family Law Steering Committee and Continuing Legal Education Committee Co-Chair
- Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Family and Probate American Inn of Court, Board of Directors