Valerie has over a decade of experience handling family law matters, including divorce, custody and visitation/parenting issues, removal from the Commonwealth, paternity, child support, alimony, asset division, and grandparent visitation, as well as post-judgment enforcement (contempt) and modification matters.
Prior to joining Brick, Jones, McBrien & Hickey LLP, Valerie worked for a boutique family law firm in Middlesex County, and prior to that, for a solo family law attorney in Essex County.
Valerie is a graduate of Northern Arizona University and Northeastern University School of Law. During law school, Valerie completed four co-op/legal internships, including with Hon. Spencer M. Kagan (ret.), Middlesex Probate and Family Court and with the Mental Health Legal Advisors Committee / Clubhouse Family Support Project.
- Massachusetts, 2009
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2021
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Northern Arizona University, B.S., magna cum laude, 2006
- Women’s Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Middlesex Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International (alumna)